UPDATE ON THE COVID-19 IMPACT 3-18-2020
I wanted to send this quick message to keep you posted with news about our church family and share a promise too. We serve an almighty God who cares for His people and is able to deliver and save. "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, all whose thoughts are fixed on You. – Isaiah 26:3
Here are a few other new items:
- Our great volunteers at God's Pantry continue to serve our community. We plan to open again tomorrow at 9 AM. We are doing our best to keep our volunteers and helpers safe, and we applaud the kindness and risks this great team are taking in order to fulfill our mission to our community and their positive witness to His everlasting gospel and His church.
- We are making a special call NOT to meet physically at this time as per the directive urged by the national crisis task-force. We could very well be in the start of a great event that could overwhelm the medical capabilities of our community hence the call for "social distancing" so as to mitigate the rise in the infection rate. This is a highly contagious virus that is proving a threat to all of us. Thank you for heeding the call as believers and responsible citizens. We plan to live-stream our SS lesson and worship service again this coming Sabbath. Stay tuned for more details in the next update.
- Distribution of the April-June SS quarterlies. We plan to mail these to you at this time. We are also recommending you download the SS quarterly app available in the App Store on Apple and Google for your device.
- We had a staff meeting today and are looking for ways to help our church connect and extend our online presence. This is an important time for us as a church to shine and share God's message of hope as people around us are seeking certainty and examining their own personal faith.
- The Georgia Department of Public Health has set up a hot-line you can call if you feel ill or have questions about the coronavirus epidemic: Call (844) 442-2681. Click here for other information about this pandemic.
- We pray for all our medical staff and professionals who are ministering on the front lines of our community during this crisis. We consider you all special heroes!
- It was good to see and chat with a few of you in the grocery store today. I am thankful for your generosity and thoughtfulness--especially for those of our church family who are vulnerable and needy during this crisis.
- We have received calls at the office asking for Bible studies, seeking reconciliation in relationships, and asking for prayer too. This is a time of great opportunity for our church to extend God's love and share Christ's end-time invitation to a perishing world. I will share more about this in the next update.
- Please do not hesitate to call, text or email me if I can be of service to you. Know that you and your family are on my mind and in my prayers.
I want to end off this update with this quote that I read earlier today:
Our Lord adapts Himself to our special needs. He is a shade on our right hand. He walks close by our side, ready to supply all our necessities. He comes very near to those who are engaged in willing service for Him. He knows every one by name. O what assurances we have of the tender love of Christ. – Sons and Daughters of God, p. 16.
Stay safe and keep courage!
In His service and grace,